The journey of life requires people to stand up and lead in situations that are tough, challenging and also rewarding. Hard work is a hallmark of a great leader and diligence is modelled with every high caliber leader.
Here are some points to being a diligent leader.
- Genuinely care for the people they lead. They know what’s important to you, your future and your family.
- Roll up their sleeves. They understand that hard work culture is demonstrated. Offering to do a task with a follower goes a long way.
- Relentlessly explain the “Why”. Knowing if a heart catches the why, the what comes more naturally.
- Example the how. They don’t just explain but demonstrate the method and allow freedom to innovate.
- Demand more of themselves than they do of others. They are committed to living at a higher standard
- Identify and mediate problems. Not shying away from tough and uncomfortable situations. They are determined to answer confronting questions with grace, strength and humility.
- Ask what’s in this for others. They aim to lift the lives of those around them.
- Have a determination to get things done. Don’t put things off until ‘one day when’. Ask why not me? Why not now?
- Release others into the calling on their life. Have honest and open conversations about the future and build toward it.
- Expects nothing but gives everything. They understand the power of sacrifice and hold a generous spirit.